WOW! School's out for the Summer!! June has been a pretty month around here, we've hit the beach, the girls have gone to Six Flags, Toby to Sun Splash, and Jesse to some Natural Water Slides. All of the kiddos have advanced ahead in school.....Senior, Sophmore, 7th grader, and 5th grader. Hope you are doing great and enjoying this beautiful weather!
It's time for my annual scan. My last set of labs were not what we were hoping for so we had to go old school instead of the new injection method. I have had no thyroid medicine now for 5 weeks and my levels are up there thyroidglobulin level is over 54, and TSH is over 85 This would be alarming if it were not our goal. My levels have to get up there so if there is any thyroid tissue remaining it will be stimulated to grow and will then show on the scan which is scheduled the 10th and 11th of July. I'm on the special low sodium and no iodine diet which is not so much fun at all but that's okay. All in all I am doing pretty good, I am extremely low on the energy department, take naps, have a really hard time adjusting to tempertures, and am kinda edgey, but the great news, it's almost over just a few more weeks. ~Misty
Jasons' (our) new baby girl. She is a 9 week old Boxer and her name is Quest. She is pretty smart; already has a pretty good handle on sit, and goes to the door to go to the bathroom (no accidents yet). She still sleeps a lot, but loves to play too (super happy to say that all of our dogs old and new are getting a long too). Jason cannot wait until she has all of her shots so we can take her to the beach (he missed Spinuck more than I thought, he was a tad bumbed seeing all the peeps with their dogs the last time we went as a fam)
16 years! Jason surprised me and we went to Monterey, Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay, and San Franscio for our Anniversary. It was so nice to get away just the two of us. We left Monday and came home Tuesday.
Beach time!!!
June 6th~ Rental car/van. We are waiting to get our van, actually I was not sure we were going to get it back. Progressive called us and let us know that the van is fixable eventhough the damages add up to $5658.74. I was completely shocked, I did not even think the van was worth that much! We should get our van back on Tuesday.
For Jesse's Birthday he wanted to go to Red Lobster. When we arrived there was a little over an hour wait. HE decided that he did not want to wait and wanted to go to John's Incredible Pizza instead.

Britt, Jess and Ashley
Toby made a gigantic ice cream cone. Above is him taking a pic of it, and a picture of Marce and Toby comparing who's ice cream is bigger.
All in all it was a pretty good night even with the slight change in plans. Everyone had a good time and enough to eat, to me that is a success!
Our silly Jesse wore this to school on the second to the last day of school. It's a banana costume under a blue dress shirt. What a stylish son we have.

All in all it was a pretty good night even with the slight change in plans. Everyone had a good time and enough to eat, to me that is a success!
Our silly Jesse wore this to school on the second to the last day of school. It's a banana costume under a blue dress shirt. What a stylish son we have.

June 2nd~ Jason was on his way to work and was rear-ended by a truck towing a boat, pushing him into the tow hitch of the front of him. Thanks to Heavenly Father Jason is okay, he was complaining of his neck and head hurting, this was in the same hour of the accident. The back of the van did not have any apparent damage except for the fact that the license plate number from the truck that hit him was now an impression on the bumper. The front of the van is a totally different story. The hood is bowed and the radiator has been pushed back some. Here are some pictures.
June 1st~ Today I went to my Endocrinologist to discuss my labs, set a date for my injections, and first follow-up nuclear scan. To my surprise my labs were not what we hoped they'd be and Dr. Diaz found an abnormality in my neck. So she ordered an ultra sound and told us (Jason and I) that depending on what that indicated I might need an MRI as well. When I was checking out of the office the attendant told me that I need to call to schedule the ultra sound and showed me where the number was on my paperwork. When we were out of the office I called imaging and to my surprise they had an opening later in the afternoon. After the ultra sound the radiologist cam in, scanned me again. She said that she did not find anything except for a slightly enlarged node under my chin and she suggested a nuclear scan that way if there is any thyroid cells then they would light up. Later that day Dr. Diaz office called and told me the results, the next steps and she asked me when I wanted to get started. So I decided to start the next course and that is to completely come off of my thyroid replacement meds go on a low sodium no iodine diet for five weeks and then I will have my nuclear scan. I am not afraid, nor do I really worry, I know that I am in Heavenly Father's hands.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.