Monday, December 31, 2012

December

Merry Christmas! We hope you were able to feel the love of our Savior this year as you celebrated His birth with your family and friends.  We were able to spend our last Christmas in Antelope together, which was wonderful! 
All moved in....here is our new home in Oakley, CA.
The move went pretty  smooth, the movers were able to pack and load the truck in one day so we got into our home a day earlier than planned which was wonderful! Everyone seems to like their rooms, the girls have changed their rooms around at least five times now, I think they are enjoying their own space. Jason was sweet and surprised me by emptying out the garage while I was grocery shopping.

Marcika and her Besties!



Toby got a haircut! It's been  about two years! I am one happy Mamma!!

Dec 21st....it is official... JESSE IS A HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE!!!!! We are so proud of our Jesse Bear!

 
12/21 ~Break time! Break time! Break time! Christmas Break is now upon us. Time for family, fun and some relaxation......
The girls have been given the nod to have a couple of friends over for the night, it will be great to hear the laughter trickle up to my ears.
I (Misty) had my follow up chest CATsan this month. It showed the nodules in my lungs have not changed (sweet)...there is a new nodule or two in a different lobe that is next to an air cyst (crazy!). It also showed that I have a lession on my liver that has grown slightly (say what?!), due to liver lession I got to have a pretty neat nuclear medicine test where they took out some of my blood, made it radioacitvie and then put it back in me, I then had to wait a few minutes and then they took a lot of pictures with two different machines. They were checking to see if the lession was a hemangioma (a blood filled tumor, which is generally noncancerous), no luck there so my next test was a PETscan. I have never had one of these before either the test was a three day process the first two days consitsted of my getting thyroiglobulin injections, then from 730pm on day two nothing to eat or drink besides water until after the test. Once I arrived at the Nuclear Imaging Center they insterested an iv, did a blood gloclouse test, and then they pushed radiated glucose and some saline into my line. I got to lay down for an hour and thn the scans began, first was a full body CATscan followed BY PET scan. The test was pretty easy on my part, all I did was lay there, before I knew it it was over. The next day I got a call from the doctor and was told that the results were negative!!!
 
What a BEAUTIFUL day! Skies clouded with grey, yet reveiling bright blue here and there. Clean, crisp air with bursts of wind that could knock you off of your feet. Our adventurous spirits got the best of us and to the hills we rolled. Heading towards the Sierras landing on Peavine. This was a great trip. Jason was able to climb some hills that he has wanted to climb for years and years.
Glimps of Reno from Peavine....Day and Night

Jason and I in Peavine Mountains

Mariah at her fianl ACMS Band Concert


 
 
Marcika at her Backyard Presnetation on Hawaii

Rivers that were once roads......
Jason, Toby, Mariah, Marcika, and I went into the Sierras. We arrived after the snow had fallen and the rain came and washed it away. We found ourselves driving in rivers that just the week before were roads. It was a crazy sight. the lower elevations had water flowing everywhere, and the upper elevations were still white with snow. At one point Toby thought we were going to get stuck, he asked if the heater was on and then suggested that we turn it off to save our gas. Jason had me on the edge of my seat a couple of times, going up, getting stuck, and while comiing down. It was a adventure.
Perfect way to spend Jason's 35th Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.