Saturday, October 16, 2010

October

HALLOWEEN

Cute stuff that we saw out and about.

Jesse our Banana, Toby Robot Chicken, Marcika our Princess, Brittney our Vampire Bride. Tobes and friends: Curtis, Luke, and Shawn.

Watch out world! Here comes Marcika riding her bike WITHOUT training wheels!!

What a great month! We were able to go to Reno and have dinner with our Moms. Marcika took this picture of our cute nephew Landen! Love that little guy!

End of Season Soccer Party!
Marcika's team "Soccer Stars" had their party at a nice little place called Taste of Tuscany. All the girls had a great time and Marcika is thrilled about her trophey (her very first one)!

Court of Honor
What an exciting night! All of our fellas from Cub-scouts all the way up to Scouts were honored this night. Toby recieved 9 merit badges and had a ball doing his skit.

Youth Party

Toby went to the youth party at Church the same night as our Wards Harvest Festival. He said that he had a great time and even beat the hot dog eating record of 6 (he gobbled down 7). Even after eating 7 hot dogs he still managed to participate in the donut eating contest, bobbing for apples and something to do with Jelly Beans. Sounds like a great time!

Harvest Festival

We had a great time at our Wards Harvest Festival. Toby took his friends Luke and Sean. Marcika took her new friend from soccer Sloan, Britt caught up with her friend Jocilyn, Jesse passed out candy, and Jason and I had a lot of fun with the kids and talking to other adults.

Bowling with oranges, bear toss, fishing, cake walk.....so many fun things to do!

Hair cut! I decided it was time for a change. So Marcika and I went to the salon and I got my hair cut. Not sure what I think yet, time will tell. (10/21)

After soccer the girls went to In N Out with friends. They had a great time, and enjoyed their yummy burgers. :o) 10/16/10
I love homemade cookies, as do the kiddos. I think this is one of my favorite batches! I had special help from my Jesse Bear. I came home from soccer and he had just gotten home from his camping trip. I asked him if he wanted to help me make cookies. His response, "How about you make them and I'll help you eat them?" To that I said, "nope." To my delight he helped me make them. I added the sugar, and chocolate chips, and he added the peanut butter and the egg. We both mixed, and I shaped, he smashed. Simple, yet some of the best time I have spent with my teen. He sure is an amazing person!
Jesse went on a camping trip with his quorum. They left on Friday and got home sometime on Saturday. He said that he had fun and that he got to cliff dive. I was not sure what he meant, I guess they dove off of cliffs into a river below. Sounds like fun to me!
Ah Soccer is well under way. Brittney is on the Cobras and loves playing mid. Marcika is on the Soccer Stars and says she does not like soccer. They are both doing a great job! They both have played goalie (they call is keeper here), forward, mid and defense. It's great to watch them learn and their skills advance. I love watching them run and play, it is so great to be a Mom!

Marcika's field trip to Apple Hill.

Jason, Marcika, and I had a wonderful time. It was so beautiful, and it smelled great! We got to take a tour of a working farm (High Hills Farm). We saw how they sorted apples, how they made apple juice/cider (I guess it's the same thing. I always thought they were different), how they pealed and sliced the apples for apple pie (they only use Golden Delicious, and do not add any sugar to their pies, they say that the apples have all the sugar the pies need), we also got to take a hay ride around the orchard. It was a great trip, they even had a fish pond full of trout (the kids got to feed them). They also had resident ducks (Donald and Daisy were their names, until they found out they were both Donalds).

Jason, Jesse, and Toby have been having fun doing Jiu-jitsu together. I am glad that they are enjoying male bonding time! (my words not theirs) They all come home sweaty, smelly, and all smiles. It's great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.