Okay, so I must say that the second go round of biopsies was a lot harder to get through than the first. This time I had to go to the hospital, have sedation and the whole nine yards! Fun, fun! I have to laugh cause they told me to wear something comfy so I wore my pjs (they were clean I just put them on in the morning), oh all the funny looks I got, guess most people don't think pjs are as comfy as I do....or maybe I just took comfy to the extreme.
Jason is back on graveyard, the poor guy, so we had to make other ride arrangements. Lucky for us, we have been blessed with wonderful friends! Audrey and adorable Celia gave me a ride and made sure that I found the right place :O) , and Barbara came and sat with me in recovery until it was time to go home (poor gal had to pull over on the way...yep I got sick :( ), then she took Toby shopping for doughnuts and brought me some ice cream (and surprised me with an adorable bear (in jammies) and a comfy blanket). Tammy took Britt shopping and came back with milk and all kinds of goodies. I cannot believe all the love and kindness of the people that have been brought into my life by Heavenly Father!
The kids have been great, they have all been helping out and doing everything they can to help me feel better, they are super sweet! Jesse has been such a super help, he has been encouraging the other kiddos to do their chores and getting along with everyone.
My neck is all swollen and gross! The swelling is going down pretty quick though. I had to sleep sitting up so the blood would not pool. (sleeping in a chair is not as easy as I had thought, especially when you can't really move your head). I am glad that I am healing quickly. The doctor said that I should hear in about 3 days, so I figure Monday or Tuesday.
Ok so I got the results and they say that I have Papillary Thyroid Cancer. So the next step is to have my Thyroid and Nodes out. Then sometime later radioactive iodine. The good news is that this Cancer has a 95% cure rate. The bad news (well sad for me) I can no longer donate blood. The surgery has not been scheduled yet, I'll keep you posted. Love you all!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.