Saturday, October 1, 2011

October

Can you believe that it's Fall? Me neither! This year seems to be flying much faster than I can remember any year passing before. I am loving this cooler weather and the vibrant yellows, reds, oranges, and varying degrees of brown that gently sway as the wind tickles the trees. As we head into November I am beginning to focus more and more on what I am Thankful for, I hope that you can find and make the time to do the same. Blessings are all around us, some are more obvious than others. I think that if we slow down and really pay attention to what surrounds us and has come to our lives we will be truly amazed! Love you!!


HALLOWEEN!!!!


For the first time in 16 years Jason and I did not go trick or treating (first time I hadn't gone ever. When I was to old to go I took my little cousin Charles and then we had Jesse). Talk about weird! Jason took the night off and was ready to head out with our kidlets, then we heard our little ghouls say Can I go with Bella, can I go with Kayley, can I go with my friends, can I go to Red Robin and then the Movies? One by one our little goblins dropped out of site and disappeared into the night. So we put out the treats to ward of the trick and as quick as ghosts we roared down the road for a peaceful night ride. As sad as I thought it'd be for my vampires to spread their wings, I must say it was a delightfully frightless night.


The girls and I went to join in on the celebration of the soon to arrive Lexie, Chris and Jaslin's little girl. It was a lot of fun and great to see them. Landen is going to be an excellent BIG Brother!





Game time! What food is in those jars? Oh gross poopy diapers....nope not poop can you guess what kind of candy?



How big around is the mommy to be?




Landen wants to play too! How close did he get?




Time for presents!




Lots of good fun and lots of good stuff! Congrats Irelans! We love you!!!


Halloween Party!




Mariah the Vampire with Nathan Scott the drummer.



Mariah with Juliana the witch and Kayley the Flash.




Jesse helping me carry Lilly during trunk or treat.


Kayley, Mariah, and Brittany the punk-rock clown.


Yamaanibah a Zombie and Marcika a Zombie.....watch out their coming your way!




Right on! Student of the month and Honor Roll!







Jason went to Southern California for a new store opening. He left at 530am on a Saturday. He sent this picture showing his room and at the top of the stairs is his roommate. Looks like a pretty cool place. 2 separate bedrooms and stairs in the room to boot. He was gone for a little over a week (came home @530am on a Monday). He ate at a couple of local places that gave him HUGE plates full of food. I am so happy he is home! It was one long week without him.

Marcika wanted to make dinner. I said, "sure." My little girl made her dads favorite bean dip. To bad he wasn't home from Southern California, he would have loved it!


Marcika and Yamaanibah had a Lemonade Stand they each made $2.95 and had a blast doing it.



Marcika and Yamaanibah performed "Mine" at the Schools talent show. They did a great job!



Mariah did an amazing job during her performance. She even did a solo.





An amazing view of San Fransisco!



This statue is dedicated to all the sailors that went to sea and never came home. It was so touching, there were also plaques for the military too.






Jason and I took a trip to Half Moon Bay and ended up at a beach that we had never been to. On the way we saw a beautiful hawk gliding in the clear blue sky and a huge raven perched in a tree that had been kissed with the colors of fall.




We stopped for gas and saw what looked like a rocket getting ready to launch. As we headed further down the road we saw that a plant was the cause of our interest. Pretty funny how our brains took one thing and turned it into something completely different.

I love these flowers!



There were dozens of pumpkin patches along the road to the beach. It looked like so much fun. If the kids were there I know they would have had a lot of fun.

I think these cattails were beautiful! I am so happy that I captured them in this shot.









This was a tiny but beautiful waterfall. This little bird let me walk almost up to him before he walked away. The funny thing turned right around and looked right at me.
~10/9 Marce and I went to Reno to see Grandpa. He was in the hospital, but had good color and looked good. To our surprise there was snow on the pass. I knew it had snowed, but did not think that it stuck...gonna be a cold winter.


10/8~ Mariah did an amazing job as keeper! She has a big foot (great kick)



Toby and Lilly petting Nephi





Spinuck and Scotty taking over the couch.



Jesse went to the football game with his friends and seemed to have a great time. The final score was 36-8 Antelope High won!





Jesse and his girlfriend Ashley Montoya





Julian next to Chandler who is in a gilly suit.
Jesse and a couple of his friends doing a fund raiser for Student Government before the football game.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.