School days, good 'ol golden rule days!
Wow, August flew and is now in the past! All of our kiddos are back in school, and getting smarter by the second. We have had lots of fun, have made some memories and I can't wait to make some more.
Jason, the girls and I headed to the Oakland Temple to take their school pictures (I guess they are their yearly pics), then we headed to Barbara's Fishtrap. It was a perfect day!
Playing around
We had a great time at the Temple! Got some beautiful pics of the girls, toured the visitor center and had fun goofing around.
Beautiful view on our drive to Half Moon Bay. Nice way to end an evening.
Dad's turn for mask making fun!
All done took just under 2 hours. I was afraid that it wasn't going to come off at first, then it finally budged and voila!
MJ and Quest waiting for Jason to be done ;o)
Activity Days!
So much fun, we went to a ranch and were able to feed Koi, pet and feed horses, mini horses a donkey, and a BUFFALO! We got to go inside a chicken coop, and a stable, learn about feral cats, and all kinds of animals.
Jason the girls and I went to the ocean per MJs request. When we arrived the fog had been low and heavy. We could barely see the mountains directly in front of us.
MJ had fun making hand and foot prints in the sand, that is when she was not in the water.
MJ saw a seaweed pod by the water and wasn't sure what it was so I went to check it out. After that the two of us started to walk along the beach. We looked back and saw Jason running towards us, Mariah decided that she'd rather sit on the beach than join us :(.
The tide was pretty far out, which was great! We explored parts of the beach that we had never ventured to before.
First time I had ever seen birds on the ocean like this.
Fun time at together, missing my boys though.
Time for us to go, the fog too it seems.
Such a great afternoon spent with my love and our beauties!
The shock on the jeep has finally been fixed, it has been almost three weeks since we have been able to go play in the mountains. We had planned on going to play in the waterfall up at slick rock, but were blessed with a change of plans and MJs best friend Yamaanibah join us for an adventure up by Eagle Lakes and Fordyce Lake. We drove, hiked, and they even swam. Quest joined in on the fun and loved her run! All in all it was a fabulous day!
Quest gave up on her attempts to get in the back seat and took a nap. Sweet beast!
We stopped at a river, MJ, Maani, and Quest had fun in the water! The girls swam over to a huge rock and decided to explore a bit, Quest was not happy about being left behind.
Sierras by Eagle Lakes and Fordyce Lake
Smoke from the fire by Yosemite.
Hike to an old Fire Station lookout bunker.
Amazing how clear the air is when you look to the right compared to the smoke filled air to the left.
Gorgeous view from inside the bunker.
The beauties!
A power company owns the dam by Fordyce Lake, we were amazed that the beach we played at just a month or so ago was now a huge mud puddle and not much more. Interesting to see the reason why.
New spot at Fordyce Lake.
Ariel pose!
Mud Fight, and swimming!
They were all braver then I was. I thought it was freezing, there was no way I was going to get into the icy water....they did have a great time though, I must say I did miss out there.
Made it to the intersection of highway 12 and 160....a nice officer came up and told me that I arrived at the party a little late and there would be a 20 minute delay. About a minute later this was in front of me. Kind of interesting, I always wondered what the process was.
The girls and I went to a friends daughters wedding. The bride Taylor was beautiful and it was wonderful to catch up with our friends.
The beautiful Hayes Family!
Sophia & Eddie
August 19th ~ 1st Day of College!
It's August..right? Time for Halloween? Jason has always had a special place in his heart for Halloween and LOVES making costumes. He's already planning MJs costume (truth be told I think he has been planning it since last Halloween). He has decided to make a plaster mold of her head so he can make the apparatuses (torn flesh and the like). I think they both had a good time. SHe is such a good sport, sitting then laying still for almost 2 hours....gotta love 'em!
Hair prepped!
She's all greased up! Back is done...
Thumbs up!
After being in the dark for so long, it took a little while to adjust to the light. What a trooper!
Look at that! Looks like my baby girl!!!
Made a trip to Reno! Got to squeeze my mom, cousin Donna, nephew Landen, niece Lexie, mom-in-law Sharon, and sis-in-law Jaslin. It was great to see everyone! After moving away and not having to deal with the increased traffic, I can finally say that I enjoy Hot August Nights! Love the cars and music...saw this beautiful tribute 1972 jeep CJ-5 to all veterans especially those who served in Vietnam.
It has been awhile since we have ventured to Reno and walked downtown. To our surprise we looked up and saw a rock wall. I think we are going to have to give it a try some time.
Water, sand, and .... oh wait where's the sun?! We made a quick trip to the beach when Jason got home from work. Jason, Toby, Mariah, Marcika and I. It was wonderful watching Toby and MJ walk to the waters edge with their arms around each other (until the flash lit the night then Tobers had to move his arm...he's to cool to show his sister love ya know). Still warmed my heart!
MJ playing with Quest. She sure does love that silly dog.
Homemade pizza~ Yum!!
Activity Days!! Root Beer Floats made with homemade Root Beer! Yum!
1st Jazz Band Performance of the year...back to school night!
August 1st, Picture Day!
Mariah went with curls!
MJ went wavy!



























































.jpg)
.jpg)





.jpg)








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.