Thursday, February 16, 2017

January

HaPpY nEw YeAr!!!

Oh my goodness 2016 flew by! I can honestly say that I am not sorry to see her go, she was a pretty tough old bird for me. A little more of the refiners fire to help me work out the yucky stuff and make me nice and shiny and bight when I am called to see Heavenly Father is one way to see it I suppose.

Jason got to take his Mom and Steve to the 49ers Seattle Seahawks game at Levi Stadium on the 1st of January! They said it was a good game, they lost by 2, oh so close.

Oh boy, Mariah and I were in a car accident, in Pittsburgh, CA on the 4th of Jan. We were stopped at a red light, just gabbing away, when all of the sudden this car rear-ends us. I put the e-break on and she asks me if I am going to put the blinky thingys on. So I put the hazard lights on and went to talk to the other driver. He put his window down and I said, "You hit me." as I think about it, my tone was more of one of confusion and question than of accusation. He said, "I looked up and I hit you." He then asked if we could move off the road (were in the turn lane, I felt we were off the road). I told him a couple of times, "no, you are going to leave me." He assured me he would not leave and asked if we could go to a gas station near by. I told him I did not trust that he would not leave. He said that he has a warrant out for his arrest and that he wanted to get off the street. I told him that I was sorry for that, but I did not do that and that he hit me. He asked again if we could please get off of the road and promised he would not leave me. I said, "I need your drivers license." He exhaled and said, "I will give you all of the money in my pockets." I was thinking yeah okay (I have maybe .50 cents). The guy handed me a wad of cash, I took it and said "I will see you at the gas station", and went back to my car. He followed us. Once at the gas station he pulled up next to us and said, "meet me behind the building." and started to drive. Mariah and I looked at each other. I was mentally processing (what the heck did he just say...yeah there is no way.) Was running through my head. Mariah asked worriedly, "Mom your not going to are you?" She must think I am a special kind of stupid, or something. I honked at him to get his attention and pulled into a parking space in full view of any and everyone. While looking at my car he called his mom, she seems like a nice lady, and just like me worries a lot about her kid. She started yelling at him on the phone, only she was speaking Spanish. I thought it was kind of funny because he said. "Mom, Mom calm down, I don't need you freaking out and her freaking out." It was apparent that he does have respect for women he really tried hard not to swear, he caught himself a couple of times mid word and changed the word before he finished it (Mariah caught that too).  There was not a lot of damage to my car, pretty deep impressions of the screws from his plates and that is all. As we walked to his car, I told him that he needs to keep his head up, and his hands off of his phone because the next person is probably not going to be as nice as me (he is probably in his 30s), he agreed with me. There was no damage to his car. When I was taking pictures of his care he asked, "So, are you a single Mom?" That question kind of caught me off guard. My answer, "No, I'm not a single Mom." as I continued to take pictures, like it was nothing. He told us that he felt he owed us dinner or something. We said we were okay.  Mariah's back hurts a little, but she is on the mend. My head, neck and back are screaming. I am going to see if the damage to my bulging and protruding discs have gotten any worse. I hope not, it is hard to hold my head up at times and to stand for long, so they might be just slightly. We shall see.

On one of my trips to San Fran, I stopped at the Temple. I did not have a lot of time so I went to the visitors center. It was so peaceful there. I am so thankful for the pieces of Heaven here on Earth that I am able to go to escape from my Earthly woes and to gain a greater appreciation and perception of what is.
 
Mariah had an Orthodontist appointment, after we hit the beach! What a beautiful day!



Jason went on an adventure with some friends without me. Looks like there is a bit of snow up there!

While Jason was playing in the snow, MJ and I played in San Fran.

Girls just wanna have fun!





HaPpY 19th BiRtHdAy TOBY!!! It is so hard to believe that our Sweet T is already 19! It seems like just yesterday that he was born. I am so proud of the loving, kind, remarkable young man that he has grown into. He has a personality all his own., there is no denying that this smart, at times stubborn young man can and will take on the world. We love you Tobers!

Mall time with my Beauty Mariah!

Gotta love my Beauty MJ! She let me do a photo shoot! So much fun playing with the camera and my girl!

Furry babies....

Toby went to Washington and brought me a blanket! I love it and keep it on my bed.

High Lakes snow run! Oh what a fun day to hang out with some friends and play in the snow! Off-roading, snow-angels, and snowball fights, good friends and family too...what's not to love (0:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.