Thursday, July 7, 2011

July

Jelly Belly Baby!! Oh wow what a great trip! Jason, the girls and I took a trip to Fair Field and the Jelly Belly Factory. Mariah has gone once before with her class from school, but it was a first for the rest of us. Man oh man were there tons of people! It was a lot of fun thoug, I am glad that we went.

















July 21 Mother Daughter Gathering for Activity Days. Tonight Mariah and I went to the Mother Daughter gathering. Marcika was at the lake with Yamaanibah otherwise she would have been there too. It was pretty fun, Mariah went swimming and jumped into the pool a lot. I am glad that we went it was nice to get out of the house for a bit, see friends and just hang out. I decided to make a slide show this time. Hope you are having a wonderful summer!








7/19-7/20 Jason and I hit the road on his Harley. It was a great trip, we started out going to the movies (saw Harry Potter part2) and ended up in Reno. I've always thought the Sierra Nevada's were beautiful, amazing how much different they look on the back of a bike; breath taking! My bum is not used to the seat so after an hour or so I was ready to stop, so we stopped at the GoldRun rest stop. By the time we got just outside of Verdi we were both ready to stop again. We were planning on going home the same night, however it got late and we were both tired so we stayed in Reno. Kind of hard to believe that it was our first night in a hotel alone since we went to see my Grandma in Washington over 6 years ago. It is even harder to believe that our kiddos are even old enough for us to escape for a night (a day for that matter). We headed home at about 630 in the morning. Oh my goodness was it cold! It felt like we were driving through ice. We ended up stopping in Truckee to get sweatshirts. Then Jason pulled over at Vista Point, we have never stopped there (I had always wanted to though...funny thing is that I never told anyone that. Jason is so amazing). Such an amazing view. We made one more stop before making it home just before 11. It was a wonderful trip, I am so lucky to have an amazing husband and kids that can be trusted so we can steal a night away.






Friday night at the park. Marce had a bit of trouble getting on the swing. I helped her the first time but was not able to help the second, I was in to much pain. It was pretty funny watching them try to figure it out together. A nice lady helped them out and then was trying to tell Marcika how to swing. (yes she already knows how), however she was polite and said thank you. She was cute when she came over to me, mom she was trying to tell me how to swing....sweet times.



Mariah and her dad on his bike. Her first ride. She said she was nervous but it was fun.....also asked if the seat hurt my bum...silly girl!


July is here and boy did it bring the heat! Perhaps we notice more because our AC is on the fritz. On the fourth of July it was almost 97 degrees in the downstairs section of the house (over 100 upstairs). We ended up buying a window AC unit to cool down the living room so we could breathe a tad easier. Jason came downstairs this morning (7/7) and this is what he found....love it!




Daddy and his girl! Marce and Jason on his new bike. She was the first to get a ride. She had so much fun that she asks to go almost every day.




Our 4 legged family members.


We are pet sitting for Yamaanibah. Here are Teddd and CC


Happy 4th of July!
We had a great day! Spent time with family and then were lucky enough to spend time with great friends. Fresh air, picnic on the beach, swimming, laughing, and having loads of fun. Topped it all off with fireworks. Toby was happy, he got to set them off this year.




Independence Day at the Pacific Ocean! What better way to spend the day! Mom, Jim (moms friend), Britt, Marce and I. (Jason had to work and the fellas had other plans). It was so wonderful, beautiful weather, not to crowded....perfect! The water was colder than ice...the girls tested it out (their science experiment for the day; their words not mine).



My beautiful daughters and I. What a lucky Mama!



My wonderful Brittney and I. She is growing up so fast!



Water fun!The girls recently watched Karate Kid, so I am not sure if they were trying to balance in the waves or kick bottom when they were on one leg....silly kids.



Marce getting buried by her big sis!


It's pretty cool that CA still lets you do fireworks, I am afraid that if the illegal fireworks continue they might not. They (the illegal works) were being shot off all around us....crazy people, they are pretty but so not worth it. We hope that everyone was able to enjoy this special holiday and have a lot of fun surrounded by people you love!


HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.